You can create a Recurring Billing Profile from a Secure Payment Profile transaction. If you do this, a consumer will have a Recurring Billing Profile and a Secure Payment Profile, providing flexibility for how you can process payments.
Reminder on the difference, Payment Profiles allow you to process one-off payments, and Recurring Billing Profiles allow you to pre-schedule a series of transactions for recurring payments.
- Recurring Billing must be enabled on your account in order to use it. Contact Customer Care if you’d like to add this to your account.
- You must have Full Access to Recurring Billing and Payment Profiles.
How can I create a Recurring Billing Profile from a Secure Payment Profile?
- Within the Portal, go to Processing > Payment Profile. You’ll see a full list of all your profiles.
- If you need to narrow your search, use the search and sort fields, and then click ‘Refresh’ or hit ‘Enter’ on your keyboard.
- Click on the desired profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of the profile page and click ‘History’. You’ll see a list of all transactions processed against the profile.
- Click the line item for the transaction that contains the payment details you’d like to use for creating a Recurring Billing Profile, and this will bring up the Transaction Details page.
- On the Transaction Details page, scroll to the bottom and click ‘Add to Recurring Billing’.
- In the pop-up window, fill in the form with the consumer’s information and preferred settings.
- Click ‘Add Account’. Then, you should see a confirmation that the Recurring Billing Profile was created.
Good to know:
- Each Recurring Billing Profile must be created individually.
- Recurring Billing Profile payment history is logged separately from Payment Profile payment history (click the ‘History’ button within the respective profile to see it).