We offer multiple ways to store consumer payment data securely within profiles.
- Both Secure Payment Profiles and Recurring Billing Profiles need to be enabled on your account.
What is the difference between a Secure Payment Profile vs. Recurring Billing Profile?
Secure Payment Profile
- Allows you to securely and safely save credit card or banking information to process transactions against.
- You are able to edit a Secure Payment Profile at any point.
- For example, your customer has authorized you to store their credit card information in order to process a down payment on a purchase. You will then be using that same information in order to process future transactions for the total outstanding amount from the purchase.
Recurring Billing Profile
- Allows you to securely and safely save credit card information to schedule transactions against.
- You are unable to save banking information on a Recurring Billing Profile.
- Once you have created a Recurring Billing Profile, you are limited to what you can change within that profile.
- For example, a customer authorized you to store their credit card in order to pay for a subscription service (eg magazine or membership) in which you will be billing the customer over regular intervals and may not have a specified end date.
Good to know:
- If you are unsure if you should use Secure Payment Profiles or Recurring Billing Profiles, you can always save the credit card information in both locations.