We recommend using checkboxes in Custom Web Terminal when you have a list of options and you want the user to select any number of choices, including zero, one, or several.
A checkbox on your Custom Web Terminal looks like:
- This customization can only be done with the Custom Web Terminal and not the standard Web Terminal.
- You must have Full Access to Processing to edit the Custom Web Terminal.
How do I add Checkboxes to the Custom Web Terminal?
- Within the Portal go to Configuration > Terminal Configuration.
- Within the “Edit Form Fields” tab scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Enable one of the Ref fields by clicking the ‘checkbox’.
- Select ‘Checkbox Options’ from the drop down menu to create a checkbox.
- Enter the English and French labels you want to appear on the form.
- To add a checkbox value, click ‘Add’.
- A dialog box will open.
- Enter the English and French text for the checkbox.
- Enter what you would like to see within the transaction report in “Value”.
- Indicate the item’s position.
- Click ‘Add Option’. Repeat until you have all the checkbox values you need.
- On the far right column under ‘Required’, you can choose whether you want this field to be required in order to submit the transaction.
- Click ‘Update Terminal’ to save your changes.
Good to Know:
- The checkbox field will display in the Transaction Details under “Reference Fields”. The field will read what you have set for a Value within the dialog box.