We recommend using radio buttons in Custom Web Terminal when there is a list of two or more options that are mutually exclusive and you want the user to select exactly one choice.
A radio button on the Custom Web Terminal looks like:
- This customization can only be done with the Custom Web Terminal and not the standard Web Terminal.
- You must have Full Access to Processing in order to edit the Custom Web Terminal.
How do I add radio buttons to the Custom Web Terminal?
- Within the Portal go to Configuration > Terminal Configuration.
- Within the “edit form fields” tab scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Enable one of the Ref fields by clicking the ‘checkbox’.
- Select ‘Radio Buttons’ from the drop down menu.
- Enter the English and French labels you want to appear next to the form.
- To add a radio button value, click ‘Add’.
- A dialog box will open.
- Enter the English and French text for the radio button.
- Enter what you would like to see within the transaction report in “Value”.
- Indicate the item’s position.
- Click ‘Add Option’. Repeat until you have all the radio buttons values you need.
- On the far right column under ‘Required’, you can choose whether you want this field to be required in order to submit the transaction.
- Click ‘Update Terminal’ to save your changes.
Good to Know:
- The radio button field will display in the Transaction Details under “Reference Fields”. The field will read what you have set for a Value within the dialog box.