How do I dispute a transaction?

Not recognizing a transaction on your credit card statement can be concerning. In this event, you may need to file a transaction dispute.

Before contacting your credit card network, you can contact the business directly to give them a chance to sort out the issue. The business should be able to work with you to clarify any unknown charges you have received.

If the business is unable to or refuses to assist you, it is time to file a chargeback. To file a chargeback, you will need to contact your credit card company directly. Once contacted, the credit card company will handle the investigation and determine the outcome of your dispute.

Must know:

  • Directly contacting the business can provide the quickest answers to any questions you may have regarding a suspicious transaction.

Good to know:

  • If you do not have any contact information for the business, you can initiate a Sales Draft Request with your bank. A Sales Draft Request is a check that your bank can do to provide you with more information regarding which business processed the transaction.
Was this article helpful?
5 out of 22 found this helpful