If batch authorization is set up on your account, in order for a batch to process you have to request approval from the authorizers on the account. Once it’s authorized, the batch will process.
- You need to have Full Access to Batch Processing.
- If you’ve enabled batch authorization, you must manually request authorization. It does not happen automatically.
How do I request authorization once my batch is uploaded?
- In the Portal, navigate to Processing > Batch Processing.
- Click the edit icon for the batch item.
- In the pop-up window, click ‘Request Authorization’. This prompts an email to authorizers asking them to log into the Portal and approve the batch.
Good to know:
- If you’re set up as a file authorizer on the account, you can authorize a batch yourself that you’ve uploaded.
- To see the status of a batch, you can check the icon under the EFT/ACH column in your list of batches within the Portal:
- = Pending Review - the batch authorization hasn’t been requested yet.
- = Pending Authorization - the batch authorization has been requested but hasn’t been completed.
- = Scheduled - the batch has been authorized and is scheduled to process.
- = Completed - the batch has processed successfully.