You can issue refunds to consumers at any time, for any amount up to the full purchase value. For example, you may wish to process a refund in exchange for the return of purchased goods.
You can also process voids, where you cancel the transaction before it settles through to a consumer’s credit or debit card so that it wouldn’t appear on their monthly bank statement.
- You can only process a refund against a payment previously captured on your account. In other words, you can’t refund an amount that was processed through another account or provider.
- There is typically only a 24-hour window for processing voids, and whether the feature is available depends on your processor. Please contact us if you’re unsure whether it’s an option for you.
- It’s not possible to refund or void pre-authorizations.
How do I process a refund or void?
- Within the Portal go to Reporting/Analysis.
- Find the original purchase through either the:
- Transaction Report using the filtering options.
- Transaction Search using specific criteria.
- When the search results are populated, select the transaction that you wish to adjust. Select the line item to view the Transaction Details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Transaction Details page.
- Select 'Return Transaction' or 'Void Transaction'.
- When prompted, do one of the following:
- Return Transaction: Enter the return amount; you can process a full or partial refund. Select 'Process' to confirm the return.
- Void Transaction: Select 'Yes' to confirm the void.
- If the return/void is approved, you’ll get a pop-up that says “Approved”.
- You can send an email receipt (unless you already configured your email receipt settings to send a return receipt automatically). To do so, select 'Send Email Receipt' at the bottom of the page.
Good to know:
- Refunds can take around seven business days to reflect on your consumer’s credit card statement; the timing depends on the cardholder’s financial institution and isn’t within Bambora’s control.
- You aren’t refunded the fees you were charged from the original purchase transaction.
- There is a flat transaction fee for refunds/voids.