3D Secure is a fraud defence tool offered worldwide by major card networks like Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX, branded as Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode, and AMEX SafeKey.
Transactions processed using the 3D Secure process shifts the liability of a chargeback from you, the business owner, onto the card issuing bank.
- For transactions to be processed using 3D Secure, the consumer and their issuing bank would need to opt in to the service.
- Ensure that your integration is set up to support 3D Secure. If your integration does not support 3D Secure and the service gets enabled, transactions may fail. You can review how to set up 3D Secure here.
What is 3D Secure?
Once you have reviewed how to setup 3D Secure and the support team has confirmed this service is now available for you, please sign in to your account and enable the 3D Secure service.
- Log in to the Portal. Navigate to Administration > Account Settings > Order Settings.
- Under the 3D Secure header, please pick the services you wish to enable.
- Verified by Visa
- MasterCard SecureCode
- AMEX SafeKey
Good to know:
- 3D Secure can increase your approval rate through the multiple data points it sends to card issuers. 3D Secure also addresses the problem of false declines, when the issuer declines a legitimate transaction by mistakenly suspecting fraud.