If you have an expiry date on any of your Recurring Billing profiles, you can enable a notification that lets you and your customer know when the profile is about to expire. When a profile expires, the recurring billing payments will end.
- Recurring Billing must be enabled on your account to use it. Contact Customer Care if you’d like to add this to your account.
- You will need to have Full Access to your Account Settings.
- Your customer’s email address must be listed in the profile for them (or you) to get the notification.
How can I get notified if a Recurring Billing profile is expiring?
- Within the Portal go to Administration > Account Settings > Email Receipts.
- Select the message type ‘Recurring Billing Expiry Notice’ from the drop-down.
- To enable this notification, you need to select ‘Yes’ for Send Message.
- Add your preferred email address to ‘Email copy to’ so that you will receive a copy of the notification.
- To customize the email notification, change the Template Type from ‘Default’ to ‘Custom’ and edit the Receipt Template box’s content. (You can choose which variables you want to include.)
- Click 'Update' to save these changes.
Good to know:
- You will be notified within 30 days before the profile’s expiry date.
- The Recurring Billing Expiry Notice doesn’t notify you when the credit card on file is about to expire. That’s not the function of this feature.