You can complete a pre-authorization within the Portal. You have seven business days to complete the transaction. If you do not complete the transaction within the seven business days the transaction will drop off and the consumer will not be charged.
How do I complete a pre-authorization in the Portal?
- In the Portal, find the original Pre-Authorization transaction through the Transaction Report or Transaction Search.
- Click on the Pre-Authorization transaction to view the transaction details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Pre-auth Completion’.
- In the pop-up window, enter the amount you’d like to capture and then click ‘Process’.
Good to Know:
- PAC stands for pre-authorization completion (PAC) and PA stands for pre-authorization.
- For each pre-authorization, you can process multiple pre-authorization completions, up to the initially authorized amount, within the seven-day window.
- You can process pre-authorization completions through the Portal or the Payments API.