Recurring Billing transactions can be automatically reattempted by enabling an extra step within your account. This setting can be fully customized to your preferences and is perfect if you don’t want to manually try to re-bill your customers every time their recurring payments decline.
- You must be an administrator of your account or have Full Access to Account Settings.
How do I automatically retry declined Recurring Billing transactions?
- Within the Portal go to Administration > Account Settings > Order Settings.
- Under Recurring Billing > Decline Retries > Set how many times you would like the system to reattempt the transaction, and on how many days.
- Click 'Update' to save these changes.
Good to know:
- A Recurring Billing Profile will switch from 'Active' to 'On-Hold 'if a transaction is declined and all decline retry attempts fail.
- Select 'process back payments' to process any missed payments from when the Recurring Billing Profile was put on hold or closed. When the Recurring Billing profile is updated to ‘Active’ all missed payments from the date you put the profile ‘On hold’ or ‘Closed’ will process.
- If you do not want to process back payments, leave the ‘process back payments’ box unchecked before changing the profile back to ‘Active’.