Fraud prevention is a crucial step in the online payment process. There are several tools at your disposal to assist in the prevention of fraudulent activity. One of the best ways to prevent fraudulent activity is to consistently monitor the activity on your account.
Enabling decline notifications can allow you to recognize fraudulent activity as soon as it occurs. A sudden increase in decline notifications can indicate that some suspicious activity is happening on your account.
- These notifications will be emailed to the primary contact.
- Declined notifications will only be sent if the transaction was processed through the API and do not apply to transactions processed directly through the Portal.
How do I set up decline notifications?
- Within the Portal go to Administration > Account Settings > Email Receipts.
- Check off the ‘Decline Transaction Notification’ underneath receipt settings at the bottom of the page.
- Click 'Update' to save these changes.
Good to know:
- Excessive declines occurring in a short amount of time is an indicator of Carding.
- Carding is a fraudster’s attempt to validate stolen credit card information by attempting to process low dollar value transactions with these cards.