How to enable API Username/Password on your account for use with Payments API requests
Note: This authentication method is no longer recommended for new integrations. If you are building a new integration, please refer to our Developer Portal here for more information.
1. Log into your account.
2. On the menu, click administration> account settings> order settings.
3. Scroll down, and in the Payment Gateway section, under Security/Authentication, find and select the ‘Use username/password validation against transaction’ option
4. Enter a username and password into the appropriate fields option
I. Username must be at least 8 characters
II. Password must be at least 8 characters and contain at least 2 letters AND numbers
III. These should not be the same as your login credentials
5. At the bottom of the page, click Update.
6. A confirmation box opens at the top of the browser window. Click OK.