Countermand is a unique request available to merchants using our gateway for EFT and ACH transactions via batch processing. When merchants request for this service, Worldline attempts to retrieve already deposited funds from the recipient’s bank account and provide feedback to the merchant based on the response received from the banks.
A non-refundable service fee is charged per transaction for any countermand request and does not guarantee that the funds will be retrievable.
- The service fee for the request is non-refundable
- A countermand request must be submitted within 3 business days of the original credit date.
- The request is only available to merchants using our gateway for EFT and ACH transactions.
How do I request a countermand?
To submit a countermand request, merchants send an email to email@example.com and provide required details in this format:
Email Subject: Merchant ID XXXXXXXXX | Countermand request
Please submit a countermand for the following transaction:
Batch ID: XXXXXXXX
Trans ID: XXXX
Total amount: $
Customer name: XXXXXX XXXXXXX
Reason: Tell us why you are requesting for a countermand?
Please note that by submitting this request, you agree to the following:
- The timeframe for a countermand request varies and can take up to 10 business days
- A non-refundable fee will be charged to your account per transaction
- Our Finance will make efforts in submitting the request on your behalf but does not guarantee that the funds will be returned.
Good to know:
- Countermand can only be requested by an authorised contact on the account.
- The time frame to get a response for a countermand request is up to 10 business days but could also vary based on the bank and currency type.
- Merchants can also submit a countermand request by calling our Customer Care - 1-833-226-2672