Our Hosted Checkout feature ensures that our platform is accessible to people with disabilities.
To enhance the payment experience and make it more accessible to any customer, our Hosted Checkout has the four main principles of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines: perceivable, operable, understandable and robust.
- The Web Content Accessibilities Guidelines (WCAG), also known as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is a provincial law in Ontario, Canada, that aims to make Ontario more accessible to people with disabilities by creating and enforcing accessibility standards for businesses and organizations.
How is the Hosted Checkout form accessible to those with disabilities?
- Alternative text has been added to our payment icon images (VISA, MasterCard, American Express etc.). This helps users who use screen readers or other assistive technologies by providing the content and function of the image in case the images are unavailable.
- Text size and background contrast colours align for users with low vision.
- Form control labels have the appropriate text label associated with them (e.g., Name, Phone Number, Address, etc.) to present users with the function or purpose of the form control for better clarity. Form labels also provide visible descriptions and larger clickable targets.
- Added language attributes facilitate automatic translation of the content allowing screen readers or other assistive technologies to read the content in the appropriate language.