About Velocity rules
When a merchant uses the Payment Profiles Velocity option, they can limit the amount a profile owner can spend over a given period of time. Settings are customizable, so merchants can define multiple restrictions of different dollar amounts, and the time periods. Each profile can then be assigned to the appropriate restriction.
Create a velocity rule
- Log in to the Online Member Area
- On the menu, click configuration> payment profile configuration.
- In the Velocity Groups section, click Add Group.
- Enter a Velocity Id and Velocity Name.
- In the Velocity Period field, enter a number to indicate the number of hours, days, etc. in the restriction period. In the image in Step 3, the Velocity Rule is: Standard velocity allows customer to process up to $100worth of transactions within a 24-hour period.
- Click Add to save your changes. This new setting is added to the payment profile configuration page. You can edit or delete the settings.
Assign a velocity rule to a profile
- Log in to thee Online Member Area
- On the menu, click processing> payment profiles.
- Do one of the following:
- Open an existing profile by drilling down into the report on the payment profiles page OR
- create a new profile using the Add Account button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a Velocity Group.
- Click Update to apply the restrictions to the profile.