When a merchant uses Bambora's Batch processing, they can process multiple credit card or direct payments (EBP/ACH) transactions by submitting a single file to Bambora for processing. Unlike other services offered by Bambora, Batch Processing is technically an offline process, as transactions are not processed immediately after data is received in our system.
Merchants can use the Bambora batch services to prepare a file in advance and schedule billings for a later processing date. Direct payment files start processing after 11:00 am (PST) and, credit card files process early morning (PST). For the Credit card files, you also have the option to process them immediately after uploading the file.
Bank payments (EBP & ACH transactions) take about three business days (your credit date may be higher or lower as it is based on the credit lag time that is configured in your account) to complete because banks need that time to exchange records and update their systems.
The Bambora Batch Processing service accepts files that follow the comma separated (CSV) format. Files must have a file extension of either .csv or .txt.
Prepare the batch file
Before compiling your data, create and save a file in .csv format. Included below are instructions for a spreadsheet or text file in a Windows system.
- If using Excel, make sure the cells are in Text format.
- Select the cells.
- Right click and select Format cells...
- Select the Number tab, and then under Category, select Text.
- On the menu, click File> Save As.
- In the first field, enter a File name.
- In the second field—the Save as type list—select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
If a message opens, click OK or Continue. Programs like Excel may warn you that you are changing file formats. This won’t cause a problem with your file.
- Open the text program, and on the menu, click File> Save As.
- Enter a File name including the .csv extension, for example, funds.csv
- In the Save as type list, select All Files.