Merchants can use the Card Update service to simplify processing and reduces customer follow up. It also minimizes the amount of manual updates due to lost, stolen, or expired cards.
How it works
- On the first Monday of every month, Bambora checks all profiles in your database to catch expired cards before the next billing period.
- When the billing date arrives, Bambora sends the customer payment data from our secure subscription billing vault to the card networks, and transactions are processed automatically.
- If a transaction declines, the item is sent to Bambora's Card Update service, where the card number and expiry date are verified and updated if required.
Three columns are added to the existing Payment Profiles to enable the card update service:
Card Number: Number masked, only the last four digits show.
Last Updated: Last date card update service was used.
Reason (Response Codes):
- UPDATE: Match made, update data provided for account number change.
- EXPIRY: Match made, update data provided for expiration date change.
- CONTACT: Match made, account closed for contact cardholder.