There is an important distinction between Voids and Returns. A Void can only be done for the full transaction amount, and must be completed before the credit card company posts the purchase to the credit card owner’s account. Voided transactions do not show on the customer’s statement.
A Return can be processed at any time, for any amount, up to the full purchase value. Use the Return option to process a full or partial refund.
For more information on processing adjustments through a custom API integration, go to the Developer Portal.
- Log in to the Online Member Area
- On the menu, click reporting/analysis and then click one of the following to find the original purchase:
- transaction report: Opens a list of transactions by date, with several other search options.
- transaction search: Filter by Date Range, multiple search criteria, and formatting options.
- After you list the transactions, click the line item for the purchase you want to adjust.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Transaction Details page.
- Click Return Transaction.
- Do one of the following:
- Void the transaction: When prompted, click Yes to confirm and finalize the transaction.
- Return the transaction: Enter the return amount. You can process a full return or enter the amount you want to refund.
- Click Process. When the transaction is complete, a confirmation page opens.
- Click Send Email Receipt (bottom of the screen) to send your customer a receipt.