You can configure your account to send customized receipts after a transaction is completed. There are 10 types of receipts and you need to set up receipts for each service you provide. Each receipt is stored individually and must be configured separately.
Receipts must include the minimum billing information required by the banks and those variables cannot be modified. You must also include this service/policy information within the body of an email receipt:
- Return/refund policy—if restricted.
- Terms and conditions of sale—if restricted.
- Exact date free trial period ends—if offered.
- Cancellation policies.
- Your website URL.
Configure an Email Receipt
Change the settings to customize your receipts.
- On the menu, click administration> account settings> email receipts.
- Select the Language you want to communicate in.
- Select a Message Type from the drop-down list. The data in the Receipt Template box changes. See Email Receipt Message Types for explanations and a list of variables.
- In the From field, enter the name of the company sending the email (populated from your company contact information).
- In the From address field, enter the email address you are using as your primary contact. Customer replies are sent to this address.
- In the Email copy to field, enter email addresses you want to CC receipts to; use a comma to separate the addresses.
- Enter the text you want the customer to see in the Subject line.
- In the Send Message field, select Yes to turn automated email receipts on.
- The Show receipt after transaction field is used with the Web Terminal. If you select Yes, a confirmation page opens.
- Select the Content Type you want in your message: Plain text or HTML. Custom receipts (next step) are Plain Text.
- For the Template Type, when you select Custom, you can change the text in the Receipt Template box.
- To change the text in the Receipt Template box, you can click into the box and do the following:
- Remove lines.
- Edit field titles (left side of text box). For example, Order Date or Order Number
- Do not modify the variable formats (%date%, %time%, etc.) as it affects how the data is displayed.
- Add lines to your receipt. See email receipt message types and variables
- Select the Receipt Settings check box to send a Decline Transaction Notification to the primary contact on the Company Information page. This is done for all transactions declined through the Process Transaction API—but not for Web Terminal transactions. See Section below.
- To save your changes, click Update (bottom left).