There is an important distinction between Voids and Returns. A Void can only be done for the full transaction amount, and must be completed before the credit card company posts the purchase to the credit card owner’s account. Voided transactions do not show on the customer’s statement.
A Return can be processed at any time, for any amount, up to the full purchase value. Use the Return option to process a full or partial refund.
For more information on processing adjustments through a custom API integration, go to the Developer Portal.
Process a return or void in the Online Reporting area
- Log in to the Online Member Area
- On the menu, click reporting/analysis and then click one of the following to find the original purchase:
- transaction report: Opens a list of transactions by date, with several other search options.
- transaction search: Filter by Date Range, multiple search criteria, and formatting options.
- After you list the transactions, select the line item for the purchase you want to adjust.
- Find Transaction Details at the bottom of the page.
- Click Return Transaction.
- Choose either Void Transaction, or Return Transaction. Void will cancel the transaction, return will allow you to select a portion of the transaction or the whole amount.
- Click Process. When the transaction is complete, a confirmation page opens.
Finally, you can also click on Send Email Receipt to send your customer a receipt.