’s Multi-Currency Gateway allows merchants to securely process transactions in over 100 currencies using a variety of payment processing options including hosted forms, custom carts, web terminals, and a variety of other setups.
With the addition of Global ePricing component, foreign currency transactions are converted into US dollars and settled to a USD business bank account. Global ePricing customers are provided access to an additional suite of reconciliation reports to help track and manage this settlement process.
Checkout form for multi-currency processing
Hosted one-page payment forms are suitable for merchants with:
- A small list of products.
- Services that require a PCI compliant web page for collecting customer payment data.
Merchants and their developers can create the exact layout, wording, and payment flow required for each location using a simple hosted payment form API. Development expertise is required to implement the custom hosted form. A separate template-based form is also available for merchants that require a simple hosted form in the English language.
Process flow and design requirements
Merchants must have separate payment forms for each currency.
- The merchant’s website must direct purchasers to the correct currency form at the point of payment. Developers can accomplish this by establishing unique websites, implementing IP recognition software, or creating a Choose your Currency option on the website.
- If the purchaser makes a data entry error when submitting a purchase through the hosted form, they are directed to a currency-specific error page where they are prompted to correct the error before proceeding.
- If no errors are detected and the transaction is approved, the purchaser is directed to an Approved Transaction page. If enabled, an automated email receipt is sent to the customer at this point.
- If the transaction is declined by the bank, the purchaser is forwarded to a declined transaction URL. These orders are logged in the Bamborareporting database, but no email receipt is forwarded to the customer for a declined transaction.
- Developers can also create a response notification page to capture data for reporting purposes.
Multi-currency gateway setup and administration
Information to setup your multi-currency gateway:
It is essential for the success of any global enterprise, to have the ability to maintain local pricing schedules and to establish international branding and country- specific marketing tactics. To help merchants accomplish this, Bambora provides merchants with separate gateway accounts for each currency. Each currency account is associated with a unique 9-digit gateway merchant ID number and user account information.
Merchants and their developers need to plan to complete one gateway account setup per currency. With separate IDs per currency, merchants can establish fully localized stores with:
- Unique security parameters for each local store
- Unique response notification pages for each local store
- Automated email receipts in local languages
- Location-specific data recorded in Bambora transaction reports
- Localized web terminals for multiple offices
- Unique product inventories and pricing models per location
Setup requirements are typically minimal for each gateway account. Integration to multiple accounts with the API can be as easy as having your developer reference the unique gateway account ID number in transaction requests. Merchants using a custom hosted form, secure payment profiles, or web terminal processing may need to change other configuration settings within the Bambora online member area for each unique currency account.
Always confirm currency and merchant ID information before making changes in your online member area account.
During the application process, Bambora’s Client Services team issues you individual login information for each currency. This information gives you administrator access to your various currency accounts.
To access your account information, go to the Online Member Area.
Change Passwords – You can change the password for each user in each currency account.
Create Additional User Accounts – Set user permissions separately within each currency account.
For assistance, send a message to the Bambora Customer Experience Team or call 1.888.472.0811
- On the menu, click administration> company info in the Online Member Area
In the Contact Information section, the Primary Contact receives all Bambora email notifications.
- You have the option to add two additional email contacts. There is one exception to this rule—you can create custom email receipts to send to your customers after they have processed an order. Copies of these receipts are sent to the contact specified in the Email Receipts module. See Email receipts.