You can use Transaction reports to search order histories, access daily sales totals and account balances, process adjustments, and review errors, declines, and warnings.
- Log into the Online Member Area
- On the menu, click reporting/analysis, and then transaction report.
- To select sort criteria, use the Search and Sort fields at the top of the page.
- Click Refresh.
- Address Verification Service (AVS) is a card verification program set up with the card-issuing banks (see next section).
- To view Transaction Details, click a line item. Use the buttons at the bottom of this page to process returns, and send email messages.
Address Verification Service is a card verification program set up with the card-issuing banks. If a customer card was issued by a participating bank, an AVS result is returned on the Transaction Report (see image above). A check mark indicates the billing address submitted with the transaction successfully matches data on file at the bank; an x indicates the address did not match. If you think the transaction is fraudulent, you can follow up with your customer and process a return.
You can download the data in the transaction report to give you the information you need in a simple, flexible format for use in your custom applications. You can also download data in most of the reports in the reporting/analysis menu.
- To export transaction details, click Download.
- From the Save as type list, select one of these formats:
• .csv – Comma Delimited
• .xls – Excel Workbook
• .txt – Tab Delimited
- Click OK.
Other Reporting Options
Bambora offers numerous reports to help you view transaction history, analyze account activity, and trend sales over time. Many of our report functions are also available through a reporting API.
If you decide to generate reports using our API, our recommendation is to use our Reporting API passcode instead of username/password. See section 6.3 of the Reporting Guide for more details.